— 8 August 2003 —
Update: BAH has many qualified resumes. Thanks to all that wrote, and good luck.
I received this from a collegue and offered to post it just in case. From my understanding they are looking for someone “yesterday.” Let me know if you are interested and I can pass your resume’s URL on to the right person.
BAH (located in DC) is looking for a person to join their team (in the National Security business segment) to serve in a User Experience role that requires the following:
* Deep knowledge and understanding of usability and user-centered design processes and techniques
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Ability to work on multiple products in multiple capacities (project management, user-centered design activities, and possibly some writing).
* Ability/experience developing instructional content (such as manuals, CBT) a plus but not required
* Existing security clearance (especially TSSCI) a plus but not required
The person would need to be comfortable making presentations in front of clients and managers who may be skeptical of UCD. Therefore, the person should be a good communicator who’s comfortable in front of people, and good at providing justification and rationale for proposals.
Because the team also performs writing services for clients, it’d be helpful for the person to be comfortable taking on writing tasks from time to time, and be open to doing work outside the UCD field if necessary.