Here are 10 reasons you should hire Annie Valdes:
- She has an MBA in Marketing from Georgia State University.
- She has a BA in Anthropology from Emory University.
- She has a background in design and usability.
- Put 1, 2, and 3 together and you get someone with a solid background in tackling big U usability.
- She’s an extrovert and I am not. Even though I pulled her up on stage in front of 400 usability people to help do some improv. But she topped everyone by yelling out, “Hire me,” which I still think was bloody brilliant. More on that story to follow.
- She gets people to open up about all sorts of topics even when she’s only known them for a few days.
- She is an active member in organizations related to usability.
- She is freakin’ hilarious. Which you wouldn’t think to find as a job requirement, but frankly I think it needs to start happening. A lot of people can do the job, but you don’t necessarily want to work with them. That wouldn’t apply in Annie’s case.
- She is freakin’ smart. Even smarter than me. Okay, that might not be helping her case.
- She has a strong desire to optimize your organization’s world. Making it a better place for your employees and your customers.
Okay, perhaps that was helpful, perhaps not. All I can say is that if I were in a position to hire someone, Annie would be a top pick. I won’t make a habit of posting candidates (in much the same way OK/Cancel posts jobs), but I think Annie’s background and drive are worth noting.