— 5 August 2004 —
¤ Company: State Farm Insurance, Corporate Systems
¤ Location: Bloomington, IL
¤ Position: Interaction Designer
Promoted December 2001, August 2002, and March 2004.
Below are some bulleted overview of what I do, but you can get a better flavor for what I do day-to-day by reading the narrative description of what I do.
- Design user interfaces for banking and insurance computer and Web applications for internal workforce, customers, and 17,000 Agents.
- Promote user-centered design techniques that meet project budget and timelines.
- Establish User Profiles.
- Conduct Task analysis, including: current task, problems and opportunities, usability objectives, and future task analysis.
- Create mockups (paper and computer).
- Create prototypes in HTML and CSS.
- Design and run informal (formative) and formal (summative) usability sessions.
- Create formal usability report with recommended solutions.