First off… concentration is what now? Mm, yeah. We have none. Matthew leaves Wednesday to drive to Austin from culturalwasteland Central Illinois. Mike and Paul fly to Austin on Thursday. We’ll all be there by late Thursday afternoon. Let us know if you are going, perhaps we can trade cell numbers and meet up at some point.
Things to which Matthew is looking forward:
- Meeting Mr. Scrivens for the first time.
- Sleeping for a week when it is over.
- Tagging all my Flickrs with “sxswi” (or “sxswf” if appropriate since i have access to both).
- Everyone taking the previous bullet as a hint.
- Meeting a lot of new people and remembering to give them my business card.
- Cramming too many people into a hotel room.
- 30 hours total driving alone time.
- SXSW Web Awards show. Mostly because it will be a navel gazing, self-congrtulatory, ego fest and my doctor said I need more of that kind of thing. Good for the skin. Like Vitamin D without the skin cancer.
- Having concentration again.
1.5 weeks of not doing UI specs.Taking work with me!
Things to which Paul is looking forward:
- Putting faces to websites.
- Having the company together for the first time ever. Yes we are that good as to work virtually without actually meeting each other.
- Enjoying the conversations with other professionals that I don’t get to have on a normal basis.
- Having a good time.
Things to which Mike is looking forward:
- All the above!
- Working on top-secret projects with people who are involved with them.