less recently Site Update
currently Redesigning Sagan’s Blog
more recently More Fun with Haptics

— 9 May 2005 —

Redesigning Sagan’s Blog

I am in the process of redesigning Sagan’s blog.

It looks a little messy right now, but it is getting there. I took Mike’s advice and put borders around every main element. It helped a lot in trying to figure out what the CSS was doing; how it was rendering in the different browsers. Right now there are borders only around the elements that are fuxored.

The whole design revolves around the background picture. I took it about 2 months ago, but recently saw it again. I thought it looked like a good picture in general, the way Sagan is offset on the left, but also how there is some nice space on the right that could be filled with text. So why not.

Right now it looks a bit off. The top nav doesn’t look right in IE6, and for some reason the pictures in the middle of the content will not display inline in any browser. I am sure it is something I am just glancing over. Often my CSS mess-ups are related to a semicolon mistyped as a colon or soemthing similar.

This part of the transition is always fun because, with Typepad at least, you really don’t know what the site will look like until you set it live. So you have to live with things looking odd for a bit while you tweak. Unless you are really good at this whole coding thing, which I am not. But I am getting better and that’s one of the reasons for the redesign: to get better at turing the pretty pictures I draw in Fireworks into relatively valid code.

Respond Eloquently Below

April 2008 March 2008 February 2008 January 2008 December 2007 November 2007 October 2007 September 2007 August 2007 July 2007 June 2007 April 2007 March 2007 February 2007 January 2007 December 2006 November 2006 October 2006 September 2006 August 2006 July 2006 June 2006 May 2006 April 2006 March 2006 February 2006 January 2006 December 2005 November 2005 October 2005 September 2005 August 2005 July 2005 June 2005 May 2005 April 2005 March 2005 February 2005 January 2005 December 2004 November 2004 October 2004 September 2004 August 2004 July 2004 June 2004 May 2004 April 2004 March 2004 February 2004 January 2004 December 2003 October 2003 September 2003 August 2003 July 2003 June 2003 May 2003 April 2003 March 2003 February 2003 January 2003 December 2002 November 2002 October 2002 September 2002
Snook Approved!